Skip Navigation LinksYou are here : Daniel Boyd : The Second House

The Second House

Daniel’s second house was built following his marriage in about 1700-1710. It was located further inland on the hillside overlooking the lake. Though larger than the first it was also a bothog built of stone and sods and with a thatched roof. The area is still known as ‘the hill of the bothog’.

The site of Daniel's second House.
The site of Daniel's first second house near Carnboy lake.